Monday, October 29, 2012

Catch up and the New House!

Hi! Wow, a lot has happened since my last post! 

I'm not sure exactly where I left off, but lately we've been making ourselves into mummies at Grammie's house with the cousins.



We hosted a 30 year old turtle named Mike for a week.

Cat contemplation.  Yummy?
Played in the leaves at the park with friends wearing one of our four super hero shirts. We LOVE super hero shirts. (sigh. eye roll. choosing my battles:)     


We went on vacation with the cousins for a week in august, attended pirate parties and Halloween parties and generally goofed off.  Started school!


He pretty much loves it. We took a hay ride like no other at Windmill Farm near Waynesville.  I was pretty seriously scared I would end up in a mud pie river.  Lets just say that.  I started doing odd jobs for a marketing consultant!  Sam broke my camera and I'm down to the camera on my phone.  This is me making a sad face.   I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot.  Oh, like this big news:


27 Cameron Rd, Dayton, OH 45459
BAM.  Under contract.  Can you believe it?  I'm feeling a little sentimental about my little "cottage" that could.
This is the picture the realtor took for the flyer.  We've had a few showings and an open house.  Seven groups walked through it on Sunday.  We are excited about that.  I happened to look at this picture today of the kitchen before we did the work:
Gag me.  I really really had almost wiped that faux brick out of my head. And that mountain of food! The Ohio State gray wall and the yellowed trash can of old!  I felt like I was slapped in the face (in a good way?) with all the work we've done. Here is that corner now. 
Before I put the picture up and wrote on the door.

At times I felt like we weren't making any progress at all.  There were times I felt I was making everything worse.  Sometimes it just takes a little distance to have a clear perspective. SO. MUCH. BETTER!  And we learned SO much here on many levels.  Can't wait to start all over again and take you guys with me!  Are you up for it? 

Thanks for hangin' in there with me:) 

What's new with you?

k


10 comments:

  1. So good to have you back! And such big news! It's an adorable house! I wanted a barn house back when we were first looking. Turns out they were more common in the area we moved from, not so much down here in Boise. :) Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Calysta! We're excited about it:)

      Delete
  2. Love the new look for the blog, and your new house is super cute.
    Jamie R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, I am so excited for you all! I see there is a weeping willow out front... a tree from my childhood... one that we used to play under :) That picture of Sam in the leaves reminds me of Thanksgiving at Cathy's last year, remember? LOL. I know you must have mixed feelings about leaving your current house, that you two put so much work into... but I'm sure somebody will really enjoy and admire your handiwork. :) I'm sure you will have fun putting personal touches on your new house. Can't wait to see it, and you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, June! We are pretty excited. Can't wait to have you all over for a visit- what luxury- you'll get a bed next time:)

      Delete
  4. Congrats! Can't wait to hear more about the new house, and that Sam is a cutie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to spend some time with you guys! Thanks for the fun on Sam's birthday, we loved it! Too bad it takes two days to get there for a playdate! It was really cool to see what you had done with the old place. And now with the big house, you'll just have a larger palette. =) We'll have to get up there again soon to see you in the new space. Thanks so much for being so hospitable. And you're welcome for not eating Sam up. He's so much fun!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, we have a card for you that will most likely never get into the mail... but at least you know I'm thinking of you. We loved having you so much! Wish we could do it all the time! I'm sad my attempts to hypnotize you into moving here were unsuccessful:) Thanks for the books and play dough. We both love them. Wishing you luck with school and everything. We'll be in touch.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails