Monday, March 11, 2013

Dear Blog

Dear blog:
Its been awhile.  I've been neglectful but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have wanted to hear from me anyway.  A bit of a grouch I was, have been, will be again, I'm sure.  You see, there is a little itty bit in my belly that's causing a bit of stir and I've been so moody lately that I'm SURE it must be a girl itty bit- not very scientific?  You're right, but when I'm right you'll say- hmmmm.  There must be something to that theory of hers. Anyway, I'm feeling good again lately- like almost myself.  Case in point: I'm awake.  Sam is sleeping and yet I've found the energy (and desire) to pull out my paints and practice:
   You know how I usually try and get a pic with my feet showing?  Well, thats impossible these days:
Large and in charge.  Anyway, as I was saying.  ENERGY!  I love it so much.  It makes me happy all over.  Yesterday I moved some stuff around (ahhh. so good to be back!) posted a few things on craigslist and just dreamed and dreamed about all the projects I want to do.  I haven't done that in about four months.  Instead I've been moaning all the work I must do in order to get this new house where I want it.  Give it a rest, will ya? That's what today's self says to yesterday's self.  Anyway,  I cleaned a bit, too.  Worked on a couch I'm slip covering (more on that later).  I was a little pooped and again, grumpy, but at least I got stuff done. 

But, anywho, it hasn't been all whining over here.  The other day we enjoyed a family snow day:
It was beyond beautiful.  I don't mind winter when it snows because we get to do things like this:
I decided not to embarrass Jason on the WWW this time and omitted the pics of him going down the hill on his back with his legs and arms up in the air- a posture that became necessary in order to actually make it down the hill on the (super cheap) sled he purchased just hours before sledding.  It was fun and funny and beautiful (not Jason's "upside down turtle" as Sam called it, the snow).  I did make one obligatory trip on said super cheap sled but thought I'd just stick to taking pics and videos after I got a face full of snow.  Much more entertaining for me. Sam really loved it.  He crashed and I was sure we'd have to pack it in and go home but he was a trooper- even became proud of his crashes.  
I saw a few crocuses in the yard yesterday.  Amazing how spring brings snow one day- one of the best snows of the year- then 60 degrees and blooming flowers the next.  As for me, I'm happy to see it and in fact I'm almost desperate for it.  SPRING, you can't come soon enough for me:)


I have several posts I want to write in the near future (mood willing)- I want to write down what Sam is saying these days because I'm going to forget it if I don't!  I want to tell you about that couch project I'm working on (at a snails pace) and I tried something I saw on Pinterest that I want to tell you about.   OH, and our ultrasound is this wednesday and hopefully I'll be able to tell you if I am, in fact, correct about this little moody monster being a girl. 

I'll be in touch.


k  

10 comments:

  1. Hey girlie! Welcome back. I've missed you. (No pressure.) :) So fun to see your little girl too. And what a great attitude about snow! I'm afraid I don't have that wonderful quality. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello, Calysta! Thanks for reading:) Aw yes, snow. What can you do?

      Delete
  2. Well, the odds are stacking in your favor. Julia is the only girl cousin so far, so we've got our fingers (and toes) crossed over here. =) Cute baby bump! And I'm glad you are feeling good again. Feels so nice to have energy when it's been on vacation for awhile. Love your painting. Very inspiring!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melita! Another girl, coming up! That baby bump is turning into a mountain! But I feel good, so I'm not complaining. Thanks for reading:)

      Delete
  3. Yay! Great post. Was wondering where you had gone to. Congrats on number 2. I was very grumpy with Joselyn, but I was also a bear with Julian. I was just not a nice pregnant person, ask my hubs. Chickens have it right, how did we get the 9 months of crap but they squeeze an egg out their butt and get to sit on it and relax for a month? Life's mysteries. Glad you feeling well enough to post. Hang in there.
    Jamie R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I've never thought of that before. I want to be a chicken.

      Delete
  4. Good to "hear" from you again, Kelly. Very nice paintings and snow pictures. I know you WILL be glad for spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks June! Yes. Its getting closer now, I feel it. The sun is coming out today after a bunch of rain. Its going to be nice today- I know it! Thanks for stopping. Hope your having a great time with the family:)

      Delete
  5. Glad you're feeling like posting again, and hope you continue to feel more spunky :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I'm still trucking along. Wonder how you are feeling???? Thanks for reading:)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails